Direct USA Foods

We had the same problem last year with steaks we purchased from them. Bad quality. No recourse.

They did take a check, but the number the man left was not answered. The steak was discolored after cooking. In addition it has a odd odor to it. Was just plain awful.

The young man who sold it to us was polite. And to be honest do not think he knew how bad this was.

From that day on I have not bought any food sold door to door. There was two men here yesterday who tried to sell me meat. It did not look good either.

Never again

Helpful? 10 Yes 10 15 No 15
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 21, 2015 #1082183

This is simply pathetic and slightly hilarious. Folks "STEVE" is the owner of Direct USA. He has been at this for the better part of 15 years...He knows the game...And he would like you to believe that because he has no roll-up door garage 'office' locale in Las Vegas, in some beaten off the track industrial park, that it could not possibly be one of his 'hustlers' in Las Vegas. These guys travel folks ..State to state...They get cases of meat to 'pocket' for bonus', traveling from office to office (across state lines)...Wherever and whatever...Steve would like to paint himself as unaware and innocent of any wrong doing...But he started out hustling meat...No soul. Devilishly deceitful. Scam on Steve. You are the consummate liar.

lucas

Jul 05, 2013 #675149 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

II just bought a me from these two guys that came knocking on my door I'm hoping that it's good quality mount a mistake with that I didn't read the reviews in time everyone says that to me is horrible so I got one defrost the right now I will repost as soon as I find out my wife wants me to give it away to the homeless she said she wants the one piece of steak out of the whole box only time will tell

susan

Sep 22, 2013 #720178 Columbia, South Carolina

I too bought meat from two men in a truck that said "OCEAN SIX" DO NOT BUY ANY FOOD FROM THEM, IT IS SPOILED. They cashed my check that very same night. The meat spells like dog ***!!!! I will never buy any food from any person selling door to door, lesson learned! Wasted money. :(

AALICIA

Sep 07, 2012 #539335

I have purchased meat from direct usa foods for some time. I did once get some questionable meat that had bad quality and a slight odor. I tried to contact the company, but they refuse to divulge their corporate address and phone number.

Any ideas as to their whereabouts?...

AALICIAPARR341@GMAIL.COM

Dec 21, 2015 #1082185

31st ct. St. Petersburg, Florida

jackpot

Jul 20, 2012 #516685

well first off ive been selling meat for a long while now and ive worked for different meat places only because the other ones have closed down direct usa has been around for longer than any other door to door meat companys in the usa they seem to be doing something right you see only if people would be willing to pay for what they get than you will get what you want good food good price and a great sales man you see i eat the same meat i sell and well its cheaper than what you get at the store and you save money by having it brought to your door i have had good days and bad at my door to door meat sales job .. the bad days were only because i didnt have a good attitude about my work day because people are not in the buying mood there is a saying in my work its not the land its the man and it s true.. if you like to eat good steaks chicken seafood and pork than give direct usa a try they are really good they carry different kinds so everyone in the family gets to eat something different any ways its all good this is from a meat man

0 1 Reply
Susan

Sep 22, 2013 #720183 Columbia, South Carolina

If you work for them then post their phone number, because the meat these two guys sold to me is spoiled and I am upset and feel I got ripped off. No, I know I got ripped off because my husband and I can not eat what we paid for as you put it "a good price for the money" It smells rotten. I would not feed this meat to my dogs! I would be afraid I would have to take them to the vet afterwards. I can tell you this much, at this rate this co. will not be in business very long.

Dec 21, 2015 #1082188

Bless you boy! Blinded by the light.

Dec 21, 2015 #1082197

JACKPOT...LOL! ..More like CRACKPOT!!! LOL! I'm sorry this is it for you ..There really is more to life that convincing yourself ...and the rest of the world that garbage is good to eat....Well unless you just have a taste for garbage.

valarie

Jul 16, 2012 #513817

A man walked up to my mom in the yard, and I knew he was from that Direct meat truck, I am always saying no to while shutting my door. But my mom is always a sucker. I kept saying no no no.and my mother kept saying welll......he tried throwing in another box and a cheesecake.... I said no mom, it's to much money! The Guy finally came down to 118.00 for the steak box. Which is about what it would cost to buy all that at Walmart. I think. So far we ate the peppercorn steak and steak burgers and are good. No one is sick. Though looking at the order. Online I think there was suppose to be more than 2 ribs. I myself wont buy it. But my mother is so gullable and don't know how to say no. If I wasn't there he would have gotten her to spend 248.00. Which. Is a lot of money these days. Specially for so so meat. Shame on these meat pushers preying on the weak, elderly and disabled.

michael miller

May 07, 2012 #476987

my wife call me on the phone to tell me 2 guys were at the door try to sell her some meat from direct so she got a case for steakthe next day i unpack there is some bad meat in this case i have talk to 2 people about it they said they would come out and switch it out but no one has show up i will not get any more meat from these people again

@comment #4

Feb 29, 2012 #439479

MeatMan, you should not be yelling at these people who've had bad experiences. It not only makes you look bad, but it also makes your company look bad. Some grammar lessons would help as well in your argument. It makes you sound more professional and intelligent in your argument.

Susan

Sep 22, 2013 #720190 Columbia, South Carolina

I agree with this comment!!!! :) His Co will be all over FACE BOOK and no one will buy from them, if they do not give customers a refund.

Carol

Dec 02, 2011 #384433

I bought steaks from a guy name Andrew,, they tasted like cardboard, I called & talked to a guy, said he would send someone back,still have'nt seen anyone, so I called again, said they would call when they were coming, did'nt call,so I called them told them I want my money back, guess what, no deal, they want to give me meat, I said no, So I,'m calling the Better Business , on them :upset

Don

Nov 25, 2011 #380028

I bought the mixed case from a salesman for $162 if you total up all the pounds of meat you get you are paying over $8 per pound and that is including hamburger patties. You are better off buying fresher cuts at the local market vs direct buy.

Jaci

Oct 12, 2011 #357968

Husband bought the mixed case of steaks & burger. He made the burgers last night, took one *** & spit it out. He threw all the burgers he cooked away saying they tasted like a rubber basketball. Thank goodness I wasn't having one! My hubby eats anything being that he was in the military & for him to spit this out....must have been disgusting. I laughed at him. Hopefully the steaks are better. I have bought their chicken & fish in the past & thought those were okay.

MeatMan

Jul 17, 2011 #313615

I work for Direct USA.....so there is no secret about that....no false bloging....now...first of all, who ever is writing about the weight....sinsce when is a filet the same price as a New York Strip?...you can not label the food by weight because everything costs different when you go to the store....second of all....when you pay 3 dollars a steak, for food that is almost always good, if prepared right, you should understand that you are getting a deal....also, the guarantee is there for a reason...ITS FOOD....you can't always expect it all to be the same....nature doesn't make anything alike 100 percent, so there is a guarantee in place for picky *** who think they are going to get kolbe beef in a box for 3 dollars...when you get restaurant quality food for a quarter of what you pay in the store, you should be happy that you came accross a deal....also, if you do not understand that you cook flash frozen foods different, then you have no business in the kitchen and you should probably eat at mcdonalds on a daily basis....because that is the only place that will give you food even remotely close to the same price....also, I have many customers, in high end neighborhoods, who know what a good steak is, that love our food and call for multiple case orders all the time....also, those of you who love to bargain with your meatman....we work on commission and have families just like all of you....when we go to work, its not to screw people, but to pay our bills....whoever the... Show more

1 1 Reply

Dec 21, 2015 #1082194

You are so screwely confused..You are actually on this site trying to convince people who actually know how meat is sold (like gold or silver), which is by the pound, that that is not true...The training has saturated your brain..You must be some kind of ***...I'm sure you're cunning, quick on the upswing ..But dude.. KNOW WHEN TO SHUT THE F%#K UP! I did that *** for years...A legend...Call backs are not a reality, so get real, quit lying and for the love of God, quit selling an eye candy , overpriced , B.S. package...Get rid of the 'hustle mentality and do your family, community and the rest of us a favor...Get a job that has REAL value!

Dec 21, 2015 #1082202

By the way..What do you know about cooking? Why would anyone cook a frozen ice d steak over hot coals or in a hot pan or under a hot broiler? Have you ever heard of the Maillard Reaction? It's where flavor is created. It will never happen with a frozen steak...My dear lost 'Meatman'...The reason you are repeating this B.S. about cooking from frozen, is because these steaks are unnaturally tenderized..Once thawed not only will the customer 'SMELL' the nastiness of this process, but there is also the potential for the steak to fall apart as it is 'PUT ONTO THE GRILL, pan , ect...The marinade is 'HIDDEN" from the customer by keeping it frozen through all processes....Trust me if I thaw a quality piece if meat that has been instantly frozen with a nitrogen blast..I can certainly 'thaw' it before I cook it..Think man...For Gods sake you can do better than this...Can't you?

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Direct Usa. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Direct Usa.
Filing a new complaint about
×